Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lizards



















In the New Orleans area we get to see different wildlife than we saw in Ohio. One of our favorites are the lizards. These pictures are of the same lizard. He could make a small pouch under his neck bulge with an orange color, but I wasn't able to capture a picture of that. Anyhow, the kids are on the lookout for them when we are walking the dogs, and like to watch them. We have also seen many dragonflies. They are different looking, and much larger, than dragonflies we used to see in Ohio. We found out that they eat mosquitoes so we don't mind them. I usually wake up to different sounding birds as well. We have seen several seagulls, and a few ducks, but otherwise haven't seen as many as we have heard. There are squirrels here, but the seem to be darker than the ones in Ohio. We haven't had a real good look at those either. I might have even seen a legless lizard one morning. It looked similar to a worm, but moved like a lizard. It only had a few inches of grass to cover so I am not sure if I just couldn't see it's legs, or if there weren't any. In any case it seemed quite different from the lizard pictured above, but they can also turn brown so I'm not sure.

Michele

3 comments:

Amy said...

Michele,
It's so great to hear from you! I've been praying for your family and will continue to do so. I'm enjoying catching up with your blog, and will be anticipating your next post.

Hugs,
Amy S.

Heather Anne said...

The Dreamer thinks this would be a great pet to have - what do you think?

I am so glad you are blogging again! I will drop by for a visit when I can - it has been a busy week here, but we are faithfully praying for you all! We have something from Dancer's ballet helper to send to you as soon as you have an address!

We miss you guys!

Michele said...

Hi Heather,
This lizard might work for what she is planning. I believe it is an anole which you can buy at the pet store fairly inexpensively. They are fast, and whould not be something she could hold. You would have to feed it live bugs. They are pretty cool though. We miss you too.