We signed a lease on a home today, so as long as everything goes through we will have a place to live soon. We could move in as early as Sunday, but I doubt that ABF can deliver our stuff then. We will have to check out the regulations, and check with ABF once we know for sure - which should be tomorrow. The house is a shotgun double, with the landlord living in the other half. It has three bedrooms, and a fenced in yard. The landlord is a veterinarian, and has a girl (I think) about a year and a half old. It is in New Orleans in an area that is pretty quiet because much of it has not been rebuilt yet. Pray that things go smoothly if that is where the Lord wants us. I will keep you posted. Once we move I am not sure how soon we will have Internet service. The hotel has it for free which is what I am using now.
I have been making contacts with some homeschool groups in the area so that we can begin to see where we will fit in. We are planning on attending a homeschool picnic tomorrow evening. The kids are eager to meet some friends. We have been invited to a church near our new home, and Jennifer has a possible babysitting client. That is all the news for now.
Michele
Thursday, May 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How I wish you lived closer to us!! Since my parents don't live here anymore, and Dominick's mom has horrible shoulders, we have a very hard time finding a babysitter. As a result Dom and I don't get out often. It would be so amazing if Jennifer could babysit for us! I would LOVE that!
Post a Comment