The Simple Woman's Daybook
Monday October 27, 2008
Outside my window . . . OK, its dark now, but today we had a nice sunny, but breezy day. Temperatures were probably in the 60's. There was a nip in the air.
I am thinking . . . well let's be honest. It's a little too late to think.
From the learning rooms . . . In history we have moved past the civil war and are covering the latter half of the 19th century. We started reading Rachel and the Riot by Susan Martins Miller.
I am thankful for . . . hubby's new job.
I am praying . . . that hubby will really enjoy his new job.
From the kitchen . . . hubby made pancakes for dinner because I forgot to plan. Dancer and I went to the rec center for piano lesson and ballet. We got home late.
I am wearing. . . red velvet sweat pants with a t-shirt and jacket. We needed warmer clothes for about the first time today. Also, yikes, tennis shoes! Where do I keep my socks since the move? While at the rec center I worked out on the elliptical machine.
I am reading . . . through my Bible. I also read the newspaper while waiting for dancer. I just finished Son Rise and need to pick a new book. Let's see . . . one for fun or education?
I am hoping . . . to lose some weight. I have started trying to eat less, and healthier. That is also why I worked out.
I am creating . . . would you believe that I hemmed a new pair of pants for hubby on Singer's sewing machine this evening?
I am hearing . . . the sound of children talking in bed (which they shouldn't be doing). Also the distant sounds of a baseball game on TV.
Around the house . . . We didn't clean this past weekend because I was busy with other things. I also need to finish going through winter clothes with the kids. Then we will know exactly how much doesn't fit. Why did we move some of this stuff?
One of my favorite things . . . is Chocolate Chex mix. I had a coupon one time so I bought some. Big mistake! I also like the Chocolate Chex cereal. I have even experimented making my own version of the mix. Now it can be a treat in small amounts.
A few plans for the rest of the week . . .
- I need to make an appointment with a specialist for singer. So far this is proving to be very frustrating.
- I need to finish sorting through the kids winter clothes.
- I need to make some poster props for a skit that we are doing at the Harvest Festival at church on Friday night.
- I need to figure out what I am going to do for singers Language Arts.
Here is a picture I am sharing . . . an alligator at the zoo. It is hard to tell that is water isn't it?
Well, thanks for reading my daybook. Now it is off to bed.
Michele
2 comments:
I can't believe you were sewing! Yeah! Great job!
We are praying so much for your family and hoping that things go really well with the new job! You'd be so proud of me - i got all me ironing done - the pile was massive! Dreamer is really feeling poorly, so I kept her company while she watched an Anne of Green Gables marathon! Have a great weekend!
Hello! How are you doing? I forgot to e-mail you back. I am so sorry. When I received your e-mail, it wasn't a good time to write, so I put it off, then I forgot. *sigh* The story (about Prince Caspian)is pretty lengthy, so I'll have to write it when I have some extra time.
Post a Comment