Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Some new curriculum
Last week I received a couple of new books that I had ordered for gamer and dancer. One is called "Can-Do Cursive." It is from "Handwriting Without Tears," I began using their materials when gamer and dancer started learning cursive. I have liked their previous workbooks, but we had completed them. I went to their web site to see if they had any ideas (or fonts) for further practice, and discovered that they had come out with this new book. It has continued practice on cursive in addition to grammar, Greek and Latin roots, and writing lessons. It seems like a great book for the six dollar price. I also recently discovered the "Stack the Deck Writing Program." I ordered the "Check the Deck" book. It contains chapters that have grammar, and lead up to a writing assignment for each chapter. Each chapter focuses on skills that will be beneficial for that writing assignment. It also looks like it will be a useful book, and was fairly inexpensive. Being able to write is an important skill, and one that I felt we need more work on. I am looking forward to continuing to use these materials.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment