Friday, December 29, 2006
Bathroom project
Have you ever started a simple job and had it lead to something much bigger? That is what happened to me today. I started out cleaning the bathroom, and decided the shower could use a good clean. I have one of those automatic shower cleaners where you push the button after your shower and it sprays the shower for you. I decided to get it when we put the house on the market to help keep the shower looking its best. Did I mention that I hate to clean the shower? Anyhow, the shower still needs a good cleaning now and then. While cleaning the shower some of the caulking between the tub and tub wall was coming loose. The caulking has actually needed to be replaced for a while. I decided it was time, and proceeded to take all of the caulking off. Once this was completed I finished giving the shower a good clean. As I had been told once before I used bleach to clean the area where the caulking had been. This helps to kill any mold or mildew that may be in there where you can't see. Now the area has to dry well and we will replace the caulking tomorrow. You would think that I would learn to put on grungy clothes on the rare occasions I need to use bleach for a project like this. This is still a lesson I am learning the hard way. Actually, when we first remodeled this bathroom it started out as a project where we planned to replace the toilet and floor to fix a water leak and damage. We quickly discovered that the problem was much worse than expected. Previous owners had just kept replacing the floor to cover up the problem. We ultimately had to replace the floor, sub floor, vanity, toilet, tub, portions of the wall, and even some of the studs in the wall. There are still a couple of parts of the wall that need paint so I guess that I will take care of that tomorrow too. Well, this job has needed to be finished for a while so I guess I am thankful that I have the motivation to do it. This evening singer and I ran a couple of errands to get the supplies that we will need. I also decided that I had done enough looking and purchased a new kitchen trash can. I think that it is about as labrador proof as it can get. Hopefully between the trash can and some diligent training we can stop keeping the trash on the kitchen counter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Maybe you can rig the barker breaker to go off when they touch the garbage can!
Post a Comment