Thursday, December 21, 2006
ironing
Today I ironed clothes for a friend of mine. She is allergic to polyester so most of their families clothes are cotton. I iron their clothes for about three hours a week and she pays me to do it. It is a real blessing for both of us. The funny thing is I don't iron any clothes at our house. I suppose it is like the handyman that doesn't fix anything at his own home. Anyhow, I really enjoy doing it for her. The singer volunteered at an area nature center this morning. She generally volunteers there about once a week. She wants to go into wildlife rehabilitation when she grows up. She really enjoys working with the animals. During the cold season she works with the permanent residents at the center, and during the warmer months she works in rehab. She has done everything from cleaning cages to animal care - including feeding baby squirrels and birds. One of her favorite animals is the opossum. Today she had an interesting story about a snake that got stuck on some Velcro. She generally does have interesting stories. Well, that is all for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment