skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Christmas Eve
Holidays can tricky when you have two families that you need to visit. Both my parents, and my hubby's parents live about 45 minutes away from us. At Christmastime we go to hubby's parents for dinner and gifts on Christmas Eve. Christmas morning we go to my parents for stockings, gifts, and an afternoon meal. Usually we swing by hubby's parents again briefly before returning home. It makes for a busy, but fun, couple of days. This evening we had an enjoyable time at hubby's parents. Singer received a bird call identifier, a purse, shoes, clothes, and body wash products. She has been informing us of different bird calls. Gamer got some clothes, and a new x-box. I must admit that x-box's aren't my favorite thing, but gamer and his daddy have been missing it since our old one died a month or two ago. Dancer received an American girl doll complete with a doll sized flute, a dog that dances to music, and some clothes. I wonder how her dog will dance when her flute comes back from the repair shop and she can play it again. I took the above picture yesterday after trying for a week to take a picture for our Christmas greetings. First the gamer had a bad cold and eye infections, then the dancer had a scratch under her eye. I had planned to go to a nice outdoor location for the picture, but then we had days of rain. From left to right is Moose (1), dancer, Jake (1&1/2), singer, gamer, and Ralph (2). Last night I emailed the picture and a Christmas greeting to our family and friends. I am afraid that I won't get traditional cards out this year. I will need to make some prints of the photo to mail to some family members that don't have email though. Last evening we also went to the candle light service at church. Singer played O Holy Night. It was a nice evening of carols and praises. I admit that candles in the hands of the gamer and dancer made me a bit nervous, but they did fine. Our family has so much to be thankful for this year. Although it has been a tough year with some unemployment and uncertainty, God has provided for our needs. We have been blessed with some wonderful friends that have been generous and helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment