Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Harp ensemble concert
This evening the singer had a harp ensemble concert. She has been playing the harp for four years. Her teacher formed an ensemble with four of her teen age students that play the harp. They have been getting together to practice once a month for three months. They did very well at their first performance tonight! One thing that I like about her teacher is that she frequently plans performances at area nursing homes so that the older folks can enjoy the music, and tonight was no exception. The residents really enjoyed the music, and a good time was had by all. Some of the younger siblings read portions of the Christmas story and poems between songs, including the dancer. The gamer has been ill since this past weekend and was unable to go. I have been wanting to record the music that the singer has been playing onto my laptop so that we could eventually burn a CD of her music. Tonight was the first time I attempted to record the music. I am having a hard time picking up the sound so the playback is very quiet. I think that I will try a different recording program that someone recommended. I may need to try a new microphone as well. I will need to play with it some more. If I can figure out how to include some of the music on the blog I would like to do that, but I am not sure how. Blogging is new to me, but I thought I saw something about uploading a music clip last night. I just can't seem to find it now. Well, I am off to do a couple of chores and go to bed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment