Thursday, March 1, 2007
Are you smarter than a 5th grader
I heard about this TV show on the radio today so I wanted to check it out. The show has adults competing for $1,000,000 by answering questions. The questions come from school textbooks up through the 5th grade. There are also about five bright kids on the show that the adult can choose to help them. I thought the show was enjoyable, and wish it was at an earlier time so the kids could watch. (Well, we let them stay up late tonight.) Gamer is homeschooled in the 5th grade, and dancer in the 4th. We knew most of the answers. I'm thinking I wouldn't mind being a contestant on this show - I could use some extra money. The adults on the show were really struggling. We do tend to forget so much if we aren't using the information on a regular basis. I was trying to find out if any of the kids on the show were homeschooled. It doesn't look like it, but I don't know for sure. Today has been a cloudy and rainy day. Singer volunteered at the nature center. She was asked last week to play the harp at the nature center volunteer breakfast coming up in about three weeks. Dancer had her ballet lesson tonight, and I ran to the store. I have recently picked up a couple of items of clothing on clearance for the kids. This weekend I am going to a ladies retreat through the church. I am looking forward to a refreshing time. One tip I thought I would pass on is about cooking ground beef. I have found it to be cheaper to buy a larger quantity of ground beef at one time. (usually five pounds) Then I cook it all at once and drain the grease. I then separate it into freezer bags with a pound of cooked ground beef in each bag. I have found that this saves money and time. I already have my meat ready to turn into spaghetti sauce, tacos, sloppy joe's, chili, or a casserole.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment