Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Gamer and Dancer's room

The next room that you enter after the front room is the room shared by gamer and dancer. This view is what you see to the right as you walk in.
Straight ahead you will see their bunk bed. They love it, and take turns each month for the top bunk.
This is what you see to the left. The door leads into the master room.
This is on the remaining wall to the left. The wardrobe is shared by everyone as there are no closets in the house.
This picture looks back toward the front room. There are sliding doors between these two rooms. In the middle of the room is the lego table.

Gamer and dancer have wanted to share a room for quite a while. They are best buds, and play together most of the time. Since they are boy and girl they do have to dress in the bathroom. Actually we pretty much all do since the house doesn't allow quite as much privacy.

I didn't get a chance to post yesterday as it was a pretty busy day. In the morning our new pastor came to interview us for church membership. The afternoon included stopping by a job site where a group from California (my home state) was rebuilding a home. Some friends from Ohio were leading the group so we payed them a visit. We haven't seen them in quite a while since they moved to Mississippi so they could coordinate and lead groups that help gut and rebuild homes in Mississippi and Louisiana since the storm. It was nice to see them, and we are looking forward to spending more time with them later this week. We also took a trip to Walmart to get some groceries. I hate to see the increases in grocery prices. I miss the bread outlet store that I used to go to as bread seems rather expensive here - usually about $2.50 a loaf. I used to pay less than that for two loaves. Milk seems much more expensive here than in Ohio. It is usually close to $5 a gallon. Of course grocery prices are increasing everywhere.

On Saturdays they have a farmers market not far from here. I do like to go to get some fresh fruits and veggies that are organic and priced pretty well.

Today we have stayed at home to get some things done. One thing I have worked on is laundry. I still hang about half of my laundry up to dry rather than put it in the drier. It saves on electricity, and wear and tear on the clothes. I don't have as many places to hang laundry so I don't do all of the hanging loads on the same day.

The Mississippi river reopened today. There is still a lot of mess to clean up, but ships can pass through. That will help the local economy as the port was at a standstill for a few days.

Hubby went to get a car inspection today. Apparently you have to get it every year. Since no one told us about this (until yesterday) we had to pay a small fine for not getting it done soon enough. You would think they would tell you when you register your car and get your plates.

Well, that is all for now. I wish you all a blessed day!
Michele

No comments: