Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A mouse

Today we discovered evidence of a mouse in our pantry. He doesn't seem to have gotten much - just some graham crackers that dancer left out. We have tried to be pretty good about sealing things since we know bugs are a big problem here. The evidence we found looked very much like hamster poop (we used to have a hamster) - quite a bit of hamster (or mouse) poop. We got some mouse traps that we are planning on setting tonight. I am a little surprised that the dogs haven't found the mouse (or mice). They are probably coming from under the house, and coming in at night. I will keep you posted about what we catch.

One thing that I am finding out is that I need to cook more crock-pot meals. Using the oven or stove makes the kitchen really hot in the evening. It doesn't help that the sun comes in the window during that time of day too. We still need to get some blinds. It tends to be much more comfortable when I use the crock pot - at least during these hot summer days. So, I am on the lookout for good crock-pot recipes. If you know any please email them to me.
Michele

No comments: