Saturday, January 13, 2007
History
One of my favorite subjects is history, especially as the Bible relates to it. I believe that the history in the Bible is accurate, and that we can relate it to world history. My biggest "problem" however, is that I want to be precise and accurate with my dates. This is not easy with ancient history. Even Biblical historical scholars differ on their dates. I have spent quite a bit of time researching the subject, but will probably never feel like I am quite there with my world history timeline. Singer got a book for Christmas called Unwrapping the Pharaohs by John Ashton and David Down. It was just recently published, and approaches ancient Egypt from a Biblical perspective. I have heard for the past couple of years about how some scholars felt that a revision needed to be made to condense Egyptian history, but hadn't been able to find much information about the revised dates. Singer has always been fascinated with Ancient Egypt, so naturally she wanted the book. I have begun to read parts of it, and find it very informative. It also came with a DVD with a couple of samples from a series called "Digging up the Past" by David Down. We watched the samples for school this past week. I found them very informative, and wanted to find out more about the rest of the series, so I visited the web site at www.adventistmedia.com.au I didn't find the DVD series, but got sidetracked by a free course. If you click on courses, and then Digging up the Past you will find the free course. I have completed the first lesson and found it interesting. I am looking forward to some of the upcoming topics, and you can go at your own pace. I think it will be helpful as we continue to study ancient history in our homeschool. I will post more information as I do more of the course. Also, anyone interested in my ongoing timeline project can email me for a copy of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment