Tuesday, January 16, 2007
An offer - sort of
We did get an offer on our house - sort of. My understanding is that a verbal offer was made last night, but then withdrawn. The wife of the potential buyer had to have surgery today, and they also have not yet received a letter confirming their financing. They decided with all of that going on to withdraw the offer, and will probably submit it again later this week. That is potentially good news. We will continue to pray for God's timing and wisdom, and also for the family as the wife/mother recovers from surgery. In the meantime our home phone is still not working. We discovered last week that our phone number doesn't ring into our house, but another number (supposedly one belonging to the phone company itself) does. I called the phone company again today, and they claim they may not be able to get it fixed for another week and a half. I asked to speak to a manager at that point. She did at least offer to forward our home phone to my cell phone, so I had her do that. I am afraid that will greatly add to our cell minutes though. I am tempted to use their number (which is at my house) to make long distance phone calls. Perhaps if I started running their bill up they would fix the problem sooner. That is my frustration talking though - I wouldn't really do that. Last week I took some of my homemade bread to a community theater dinner. It was so popular that now some of them are wanting to buy homemade bread from me. I must admit the idea scares me a little bit. What if they buy some and it doesn't turn out as well? I am also not sure what I should charge. Any ideas? I did make some today that she will pick up tomorrow. I found it harder to make four loves as I only have the equipment to make two loves at a time. I could buy some more loaf pans. My sister is getting married on Saturday. I am excited for her. Later this week we have family members coming to town for the wedding so I am really looking forward to seeing them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yay Michele! I'll keep keeping y'all in prayer that the offer comes in soon. I'm sure you're ready to move forward with the whole moving process.
Congratulations to your sister, and hope you have a wonderful time visiting with your family.
Blessings,
Amy S.
Post a Comment